Subject: Font-backend test in configure.in when --without-x

From: Herbert Euler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:03:44 +0800

Package: emacs
Version: 23.0.60

Unlike other X-related feature tests, font-backend tests in
configure.in are not affected by the --without-x option.  Even after
providing --without-x to the configure script, the final report will
look like this:

$ ./configure --without-x
...
  What window system should Emacs use?                    none
...
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              yes
...
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   yes
...

Maybe it's better to take a look at the value of HAVE_X11 or
window_system before testing font-backend, just like what other
similar tests do.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu
_________________________________________________________________
Explore the seven wonders of the world
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE