Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fix GDB default history size
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 11:01:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is a patch that fixes the default for GDB history size.

From bb82e6bbbad9a35ca296b42079a8f805f8d5a09b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:53:30 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix GDB default history size

* lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el (gdb): HISTSIZE might not be set.
---
 lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el b/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el
index eb0e5b0481..897fe5af2c 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el
@@ -874,7 +874,7 @@ gdb
 					   "_gdb_history"
 					 ".gdb_history"))))
 	  ;; gdb defaults to 256, but we'll default to comint-input-ring-size.
-	  (hsize (getenv "HISTSIZE")))
+	  (hsize (or (getenv "HISTSIZE") comint-input-ring-size)))
       (dolist (file (append '("~/.gdbinit")
 			    (unless (string-equal (expand-file-name ".")
                                                   (expand-file-name "~"))
-- 
2.38.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2022-12-12 built on computer
Repository revision: 70c3fafc080856517143852a455bc7e974870cc4
Repository branch: mgi/svg-trouble
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#859 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Change Log

Minor modes in effect:
  gdb-many-windows: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cl-print shr-color view vc-hg vc-bzr tramp-cache
time-stamp tramp-sh ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tutorial net-utils
whitespace magit-patch shortdoc help-fns radix-tree gdb-mi bindat gud
mailalias find-dired mhtml-mode css-mode eww xdg url-queue js nnmaildir
nnselect gnus-search pcmpl-unix sh-script smie treesit tabify man
w3m-cookie w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m-filter w3m-search w3m-bookmark
w3m-tabmenu w3m-session dabbrev misearch multi-isearch vc-git
bug-reference pulse magit-extras magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section
magit-utils dash executable vc-dispatcher vc-svn sort gnus-cite
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft
nnmh network-stream nsm nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss mm-url w3m doc-view
filenotify jka-compr w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon
w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode
facemenu nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok image-mode exif gnus-dired face-remap
cus-start paredit edmacro time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter
edebug debug backtrace transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color
calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e
mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update
mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config
bookmark ido supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime compile text-property-search etags fileloop
generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads
dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml
repeat easy-mmode rust-mode-autoloads stimmung-themes-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1209808 219802)
 (symbols 48 66807 41)
 (strings 32 333981 20070)
 (string-bytes 1 10945597)
 (vectors 16 200680)
 (vector-slots 8 3475159 165244)
 (floats 8 792 662)
 (intervals 56 47565 2796)
 (buffers 984 77))

-- 
Manuel Giraud