Subject: completions in M-x find-library include .elc files
From: "Aaron S. Hawley" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:28:57 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Typing TAB or ? in M-x find-library shows .el and .elc files when it
probably should just be the name of the library without the extension.
 Appears that this is a general problem with
locate-file-completion-table in files.el.  It appears to put all files
in to the completion table without condition.  The fix is just
removing the first `push' operation.

=== modified file 'lisp/files.el'
--- lisp/files.el	2010-03-31 01:51:54 +0000
+++ lisp/files.el	2010-04-16 01:57:24 +0000
@@ -760,7 +760,6 @@
 	(when (file-directory-p dir)
 	  (dolist (file (file-name-all-completions
 			 string-file dir))
-	    (push file names)
 	    (when (string-match suffix file)
 	      (setq file (substring file 0 (match-beginning 0)))
               (push file names)))))

Hope this can get fixed.  I'd love to have the size of my
*completions* buffers reduced by a factor of 3!

Thanks for Emacs,
/a