Subject: Re: bug#59530: 29.0.50; Fontification hangs with C header file
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Sujith Manoharan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:46:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Sujith.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 14:15:26 +0530, Sujith Manoharan wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I think the bug has already been fixed, coincidentally on Thursday, by
> > the following commit to master:

> > commit 3208a42c47c4f98cb03c4b15164ca83113244b40
> > Author: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> > Date:   Thu Nov 24 10:51:03 2022 +0000

> >     CC Mode: Make it scroll fast over buffers with only #define's

> > , committed just a few hours after you reported the bug.

> > I have a test script which scrolls all the way through a file, timing
> > how long it takes.  Before the above commit, it took ~1524 seconds on
> > dce_12-0_sh_mask.h, after the commit, it took ~31.4 seconds.

> > Would you please update your Emacs version, and see if this commit has
> > indeed resolved the problem, then let us know.

> This commit fixes the issue. It doesn't look like
> fast-but-imprecise-scrolling is needed anymore at all.

> Thanks !

Thank you for the testing, and I'm glad it works.  I'm closing the bug
with this post.

> Sujith

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).