Subject: 28.2; [Emacs Manual PDF] [emacs_7x9.pdf] Typo
From: Rafael Beirigo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:35:17 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In file

    https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/pdf/emacs_7x9.pdf

Section 5.4, third paragraph reads

    If you edit the text inserted by the M-p or M-N

The “M-N” is not in truetype font.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-11-08 built on bach
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: PDFView

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  pdf-sync-minor-mode: t
  pdf-annot-minor-mode: t
  pdf-outline-minor-mode: t
  pdf-links-minor-mode: t
  pdf-history-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  pdf-isearch-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-context-menu-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-menu-bar-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-size-indication-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-minor-mode: t
  pdf-cache-prefetch-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/rafa/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221028.1430/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader
completion latexenc minibuf-eldef mb-depth icomplete cus-start
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-base magit-section crm dash compat-27 compat-26 compat
compat-macs cl-print eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc etags
fileloop xref project help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch
thingatpt org-clock hl-line diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
mule-util rmailmm message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils make-mode sh-script
smie executable ox-beamer ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox conf-mode
pdf-sync pdf-annot facemenu pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history
org-element avl-tree generator cl-extra help-mode org-habit org-agenda
dired-aux autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
notifications dbus xml elec-pair cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit wid-edit pdf-view bookmark
pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif holidays hol-loaddefs org-tempo tempo ob-shell
ob-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell parse-time ls-lisp org-id
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-install
windmove grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring
whitespace time cus-load edmacro kmacro savehist desktop frameset
finder-inf org2blog-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 784367 73198)
 (symbols 48 50662 2)
 (strings 32 214917 8810)
 (string-bytes 1 30219363)
 (vectors 16 85541)
 (vector-slots 8 1663781 74946)
 (floats 8 10206 886)
 (intervals 56 17869 809)
 (buffers 992 80))