Subject: 28.2; project-buffers should take an optional filter
From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 18:04:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

Project.el provides a function project-buffers that returns a list of
buffers associated with the given project. The list is unfiltered,
meaning any program using it will have to do some work to pick out the
buffers of interest. It would be useful if the function had an optional
argument to do this work.

Project.el already has a function project--buffer-check that validates a
buffer against a list of conditions. Maybe it should be wired into
project-buffers to do the job of filtering?

In GNU Emacs 28.2
System Description:  macOS

Configured using:
'configure --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/28.2/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/28.2 --with-gnutls --without-x
--with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-modules --without-ns
--without-imagemagick --without-selinux'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER THREADS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow regexp-opt sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail tool-bar rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52996 8081)
(symbols 48 6605 1)
(strings 32 18468 1651)
(string-bytes 1 607034)
(vectors 16 10639)
(vector-slots 8 125885 7770)
(floats 8 24 265)
(intervals 56 192 0)
(buffers 992 10))