Subject: Shepherd becomes unresponsive after an interrupt
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:44:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

When running the following command:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sudo herd restart service-that-hangs-upon-restart
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

then hitting C-c, Shepherd becomes totally unresponsive:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sudo herd status
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and all further Shpeherd commands hang forever. I was able to reproduce
it in two different configurations:

1. On my laptop with a Wireguard service trying to reach a non-existing
DNS server.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
            (service wireguard-service-type
                     (wireguard-configuration
                      (addresses (list "10.0.0.2/24"))
                      (dns '("10.0.0.50")) #does not exit
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

2. On Berlin, while trying to restart nginx.

In both situations, the "reboot" command was also hanging.

Thanks,

Mathieu