Subject: Re: bug#58761: [PATCH] gnu: Add bypass-paywalls-chromium.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Wamm K. D" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 09:03:40 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Wamm K. D" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * gnu/packages/browser-extensions.scm (bypass-paywalls-chromium): Add new Chromium extension.
>> ---
>>  gnu/packages/browser-extensions.scm | 63 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  1 file changed, 63 insertions(+)
>
> Apologies for the long delay for review of this.
>
> This seems fine to me, although I can't fine anything in the upstream
> repository suggesting what the license is. Where did you get that it's
> expat licensed?

I've checked the git log of the repo, and an Expat LICENSE file was
added in 066f5e1656cd87e2e443bc05458fdb109e405f34 and then removed later
in:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
commit b84c534180ab1042011836b5b9f38abacd2d2616
Author: Adam <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Apr 19 16:08:53 2020 -0700

    File directory structure update
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Issues cannot be created on their tracker unless we've already
contributed to their repo, so I've tried submitting a PR instead [0], but
that also resulted in:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
An owner of this repository has limited the ability to open a pull
request to users that have contributed to this repository in the past.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Which is unfortunate.

Thus, I'm closing this issue.  Feel free to re-open if you could contact
the author and remediate the license situation.

[0]  https://github.com/Apteryks/bypass-paywalls-chrome

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim