Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add userspace desktop services
From: florhizome <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:39:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series adds three packages with service programs that make certain
functionality accessible to userspace. They especially should integrate
with gnome.
Of course, the shepherd services remain to be added (I would like to get
the packages merged first)

* power-profiles-daemon: makes simplified power usage control available -
choosing between two or three profiles depending on cpu support.
* low-memory-monitor: reports memory pressure to userspace. it has an
option to enable oom management through the kernel, that i have not
enabled so far
* iio-sensor-proxy: proxies rotation and ALS information to
userspace. Needed for gnome on mobile/convertible devices. With a
libgudev upgrade more recent versions would be available. 

All come with cli-scripts to interact with them manually.
Not sure if its the right module, but they all live in freedesktop.orgs
repos ;>