Subject: Re: bug#58286: 29.0.50; (dired-toggle-read-only) should verify if file names changed
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:26:38 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Do you have a step-by-step recipe, starting from "emacs -Q", that
>>> demonstrates the problem?
>>
>> It is explained above. The file my-file.ext.part was edited, but then
>> at some point the file named changed during editing, or file may be
>> removed. After editing, the buffer was not refreshed. I could see new
>> file name in the buffer while that file did not exist.
>>
>> With emacs -Q I see that it refreshes.
>>
>> I can't understand why and how, that is what happened. I do not change
>> dired myself in anyway, even if not used with emacs -Q.
>
> That's still not a step-by-step recipe -- I don't understand what you
> say you've done, or what you're seeing.
>
> If the case is that you can't repeat the problem, but that it was
> something odd that happened once, but you don't know how or why, then I
> don't think we're going to get any further here.

More information was requested, but none was given within 9 months, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.