Subject: 29.0.50; Reading Emacs NEWS stumbles on .dir-locals.el
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:26:37 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I don't think it is appropriate for menu item Help -> Emacs News to show
to users messages below. Invocing menu items shall be hassle free.

The local variables list in /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/
or .dir-locals.el contains values that may not be safe (*).

Do you want to apply it?  You can type
y  -- to apply the local variables list.
n  -- to ignore the local variables list.
!  -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently mark these
      values (*) as safe (in the future, they will be set automatically.)
i  -- to ignore the local variables list, and permanently mark these
      values (*) as ignored

    tab-width : 8
    sentence-end-double-space : t
    fill-column : 70
    emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column : 65
  * vc-git-annotate-switches : "-w"
    bug-reference-url-format : "https://debbugs.gnu.org/%s"
  * diff-add-log-use-relative-names : t

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-09-15 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 824ae5faeec9cfa5e14e750030d55800b08ad7f2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 38657 7199)
 (symbols 48 5123 2)
 (strings 32 13528 2406)
 (string-bytes 1 393792)
 (vectors 16 10387)
 (vector-slots 8 158224 14359)
 (floats 8 37 13)
 (intervals 56 233 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/