Subject: Re: bug#57581: Failing to build the website
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>, zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 16:41:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:
>> The culprit seems the package ’qtserialport’ in ’packages-builder’ from
>> (apps packages builder).  Maybe introduced by commit
>> 1ef04fb2288dade3ad2883026ae286a68ef13a1e.
>
> This was a first failing commit for me too, but the reason the website
> does not build appears to be the license field of qtshadertools in
> commit 1d65ff8fdeb20cc2db956093f0ecb1f3f72afc0e (Cc to Maxim).  I could
> make a patch but not today.  Maxim, would you fix it?

Fixed in e61c581805b2338ea8feaac86617c5d7bff41c41, thanks for the
investigation!

> I don’t know if there is a way to catch such mistakes early.  Field
> sanitizers?

Yes, we should do that.  We can arrange to have most checks done at
compile time, similar to how the ‘synopsis’ and ‘description’ sanitizers
work (well, with extra macro magic).

Ludo’.