Subject: 29.0.50; tramp-error: Reading directory: Permission denied, /scp:motorolausb:/storage/emulated/0/
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 22:25:31 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I did not have this error before some days, as now I am on almost the
latest version.

Cannot access file or directory: Reading directory: Permission denied, /scp:motorolausb:/storage/emulated/0/
tramp-error: Reading directory: Permission denied, /scp:motorolausb:/storage/emulated/0/

This happens with any of my Android devices. It simply was not there
before. If I enter with ssh in Terminal, I can access directories and
files just normally. I assume this must be bug in Tramp.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-08-06 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: b70369c557efed3dcd86dc64a2e73e3480dea6af
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs tramp-cache
time-stamp tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load icons wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs cl-loaddefs
cl-lib password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 89865 7165)
 (symbols 48 10216 2)
 (strings 32 30629 2324)
 (string-bytes 1 929261)
 (vectors 16 17915)
 (vector-slots 8 240376 12723)
 (floats 8 69 25)
 (intervals 56 261 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/