Subject: 28.1; inconsistent error message
From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:19:34 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Here is a quote from info node `(elisp) Variables with Restricted
Values':
----------------------------------------------------------------------
     (setq undo-limit 1000.0)
     error→ Wrong type argument: integerp, 1000.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
However `(setq undo-limit 1000.0)' actually results in
    wrong-type-argument numberp 1000.0
, not "integerp" error.

I think that it should be "integerp", as described in elisp reference.

Bye,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd13.0, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-05-10 built on freebsd.vmware
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: 13.1-RELEASE

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.eucJP
  locale-coding-system: japanese-iso-8bit-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/tex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/transient
~/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow emacsbug help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs misearch
multi-isearch face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell
pcomplete comint ring server ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section format-spec dash compat-27 compat-26 compat
lao-util mule-util skeleton flow-fill qp mh-search mh-thread supercite
easy-mmode regi mh-identity mh-letter mh-comp sendmail smiley mm-archive
mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias multi-prompt crm mh-show goto-addr
thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader
wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar mh-xface mh-utils mh-folder
which-func imenu gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils
text-property-search mh-scan mh-e mh-compat mailabbrev mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs kinsoku cl-extra help-mode parse-time iso8601 time-date
ucs-normalize epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config url-http url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny jka-compr twittering-mode advice xml edmacro kmacro
preview-latex auto-loads tex-site canna-im info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1005275 56079)
 (symbols 48 29891 29)
 (strings 32 181753 11470)
 (string-bytes 1 7753385)
 (vectors 16 96723)
 (vector-slots 8 1980761 144144)
 (floats 8 330 256)
 (intervals 56 26204 2030)
 (buffers 992 31))