Subject: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Cosmetic change to doc/lispref/tips.texi
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: emacs-bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:59:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

may I suggest this trivial change to tips.texi:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff --git a/doc/lispref/tips.texi b/doc/lispref/tips.texi
index d03698d354..9faf3f33ba 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/tips.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/tips.texi
@@ -712,7 +712,7 @@ Documentation Tips
 punctuation.  For example:

 @example
- CODE can be `lambda', nil, or t.
+CODE can be `lambda', nil, or t.
 @end example

 Note that when Emacs displays these doc strings, Emacs will usually
@@ -868,7 +868,7 @@ Documentation Tips
 @item
 Try to avoid using abbreviations such as ``e.g.'' (for ``for
 example''), ``i.e.'' (for ``that is''), ``no.'' (for ``number''),
-``c.f.'' (for ``in contrast to'') and ``w.r.t.'' (for ``with respect
+``cf.'' (for ``in contrast to'') and ``w.r.t.'' (for ``with respect
 to'') as much as possible.  It is almost always clearer and easier to
 read the expanded version.@footnote{We do use these occasionally, but
 try not to overdo it.}
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It deletes a leading space in an example and fixes the abbreviation
cf. which is to my knowledge short for the Latin confer/conferatur,
i.e., only one word.

Best, Arash