Subject: Re: [bug#55558] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-list-utils: update to latest commit
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Erik Šabič <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 21:49:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Erik,

Thank you!

This build failure was bugging a lot of people, so I pushed your 
fix as commit c5d68c6d12e691bceba60bc9537ea499bb50273d, with a 
message matching out conventions.
Please take a look.

For example, we use a specific ‘gnu: foo: Update to $VERSION.’ 
title, and again in the changelog section.

Erik Šabič 写道：
> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-list-utils): [version] The 
> latest
> commit (0dec8c02962d2591766739e37c5714ba21133093) contains both 
> the
> patch-require-cl, which I removed, and calls to 
> define-obsolete-function-alias
> are made with 3 arguments instead of 2, which is necessary to 
> compile with
> Emacs 28.1

I moved this comment to the code.  Comments like this almost 
*never* belong in commit messages.  Who reads those — in context — 
after a week?

Thanks again!

T G-R