Subject: 29.0.50; Cannot restart a named daemon/create two named dameons
From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 09:14:07 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to create two named daemons, Emacs get stuck.  The problem
is also exhibited when I close a named daemon and try to recreate it as
in,

    % emacs -Q --daemon --socket-name=a
    Starting Emacs daemon.
    % pkill emacs
    % emacs -Q --daemon --socket-name=a
    Starting Emacs daemon.
    ...

I don't get the prompt back after recreating the daemon.  If I use a
different socket-name, the same problem is exhibited.

There are no problems if I don't give the socket-name however.

I don't see any sockets in /tmp or in $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/emacs.  If I try
to remove $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/emacs and start the daemon, Emacs still gets
stuck.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2022-05-19 built on astatine
Repository revision: 76ea2de2865b5d447fc4b5dbc4eb0aba4e1753c0
Repository branch: imenu-xref
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-sqlite3 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json
 --without-gsettings --with-x --without-libsystemd --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  undelete-frame-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell goto-addr ecomplete mail-extr emacsbug
message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cursor-sensor paredit edmacro kmacro eros
time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt
wordel-autoloads sokoban-autoloads ement-autoloads ts-autoloads
svg-lib-autoloads taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads
plz-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
transmission-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads
eros-autoloads flymake-shellcheck-autoloads writegood-mode-autoloads
siege-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads puni-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads filladapt-autoloads compose quail
scroll-other-window org-pdftools-autoloads org-noter-autoloads
change-env-autoloads math-delimiters-autoloads doct-autoloads
ob-async-autoloads async-autoloads emacs-ob-racket-autoloads
valign-autoloads org-starless-autoloads cdlatex-autoloads
auctex-autoloads tex-site easy-mmode pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu xref project pdf-tools package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs json map url-vars compile
comint ansi-color cus-edit hl-todo edebug debug backtrace find-func
wid-edit pdf-view password-cache bookmark text-property-search pp
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs exif pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads derived
mb-depth cus-load repeat visual-fill-autoloads olivetti-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads time format-spec battery dbus filenotify xml
disp-table lacarte-autoloads shell-command-plus-autoloads winner avy
ring avy-autoloads vc-backup-autoloads icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs rx filecache
flymake-grammarly-autoloads grammarly-autoloads websocket-autoloads
finder-inf request-autoloads s-autoloads chemtable-autoloads
molar-mass-autoloads pcase straight-autoloads info cl-seq cl-extra
help-mode seq byte-opt straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
bytecomp byte-compile cconv vz-nh-theme iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 206064 10336) (symbols ?0 19982 2) (strings 32 63913 2086)
 (
  string-bytes 1 2316941) (vectors 16 39365) (vector-slots 8 832881 13513)
 (
  floats 8 ?t ?C) (intervals ?8 370 0) (buffers 992 15))