Subject: Test suite of emacs-deferred does not progress
From: "Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:19:52 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi.  Since Sunday, when Emacs 28.1 finally arrived on Guix, I cannot
install emacs-deferred (I had to uninstall it so the system would
upgrade).  The build process reaches the 'check' phase but does not
progress (last time I waited more than 1½ h):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix install emacs-deferred
The following package will be installed:
   emacs-deferred 0.5.1

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivation will be built:
  /gnu/store/7rbhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv

building /gnu/store/7rbhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv...
/ 'check' phase
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The log file [1] is empty.

  1: /var/log/guix/drvs/7r/bhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv.gz

The reason I want emacs-deferred is that it is an indirect (through
emacs-request) dependency of emacs-md4rd.

Regards

-- 
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
  injustice.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- https://www.defectivebydesign.org
- https://www.gnu.org