Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Update public-inbox to 1.8.0
From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 18:54:20 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

These patches fix a few issues with the current public-inbox package, add a
new package which is needed by version 1.8.0, and finally updates
public-inbox.

A few notes regarding the new package perl-socket-msghdr:

- It's based on the package generated by the CPAN importer. As such, the
  origin URL is on CPAN. There's an upstream repo on GitHub¹, but it
  appears inactive. The contents there are identical to the CPAN tarball,
  modulo the files META.json, META.yml and MANIFEST (the former two exist
  only on CPAN, and the latter is changed to include them) so I left the
  origin unchanged.

- There's a file called ‘ppport.h’ with 7k lines that was automatically
  generated by some tool called “Devel::PPPort”. Ideally we should delete
  it and regenerate it, but I haven't done that.

And regarding public-inbox 1.8.0:

- The diff from current version 1.6.1 has about 57k lines (including
  context). I didn't do even a cursory review of the changes.

- The new tool ‘lei’ depends on curl to work. I tried substituting its path
  directly in the source code, but for some reason that didn't work.
  Therefore I settled for adding curl to the PATH with ‘program-wrapper’.

- The tests are disabled because more changes are needed to enable them.
  I have them working in a local branch, but there's one patch to the
  public-inbox testsuite which I still need to cleanup and post upstream.
  If anyone is curious about it, I pushed the branch ‘public-inbox-updates’
  to my GitLab repo².

Thiago Jung Bauermann (3):
  gnu: public-inbox: Some packaging fixes
  gnu: Add perl-socket-msghdr
  gnu: public-inbox: Update to version 1.8.0

 gnu/packages/mail.scm | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 gnu/packages/perl.scm | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

base-commit: 527952945c59f69665e40b6b416141554084e057

-- 

¹ https://github.com/FGasper/p5-Socket-MsgHdr
² https://gitlab.com/bauermann/guix/