Subject: 28.0.50: With async nativecomp, package manager fails to load hyperbole-autoloads.el before compilation
From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 16:05:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tested under Emacs 28.1 and a recent tip of the Emacs git repo for Emacs
29 with asynchronous native compilation enabled:

M-x package-install RET hyperbole RET

fails to load the hyperbole-autoloads.el file before the
async native compiler and byte compiler produce these errors since
the autoloaded var:append function is not defined:

Warning (comp): ~/.emacs.d/elpa/hyperbole-8.0.0/hui-em-but.el: Error:
Symbol's function definition is void var:append Disable showing Disable
logging
Warning (comp): ~/.emacs.d/elpa/hyperbole-8.0.0/hui-mouse.el: Error:
Symbol's function definition is void var:append Disable showing Disable
logging
Warning (comp): ~/.emacs.d/elpa/hyperbole-8.0.0/hbut.el: Error: Symbol's
function definition is void var:append Disable showing Disable logging

The package manager definitely generates hyperbole-autoloads.el at some
point though I do not know if it is before these errors are produced.

Thanks for any help with this.

-- Bob