Subject: 28.1; kp-decimal not working in vhdl-stutter-mode
From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 09:47:03 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug has been around forever, it just never occurred to me to file
a report for it. To reproduce the error:

1. Open an empty .vhd file
2. Enable vhdl-stutter-mode (C-c RET C-s)
3. With Num Lock on, press the kp-decimal key.

Instead of it printing a dot, I receive the following error message:

funcall-interactively: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p,
kp-decimal

If vhdl-stutter-mode is off, the key will print a dot as expected. As a
workaround, I have remapped [kp-decimal] to [?.] in my .emacs file.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2022-04-09 built on fv-az449-585
Repository revision: 04afff7cc015bc553c5f7abe57d6b6b23448bbea
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1645)

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/mingw64 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-modules
--without-dbus --without-compress-install --with-native-compilation
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe'
CPPFLAGS=-D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO=1 LDFLAGS=-pipe'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XPM
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: VHDL/es

Minor modes in effect:
  vhdl-stutter-mode: t
  vhdl-electric-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail vc-dispatcher vc-svn vhdl-mode
hippie-exp multi-scratch use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core info tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode easy-mmode
find-func autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt mm-archive message dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny url-cache url-auth epg-config finder-inf package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc
xmltok sgml-mode facemenu dom hideshow edmacro kmacro server delsel grep
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring display-line-numbers
cua-base comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra
help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cus-load iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 422527 250994)
(symbols 48 20856 41)
(strings 32 129405 84278)
(string-bytes 1 3374750)
(vectors 16 38824)
(vector-slots 8 679546 1037538)
(floats 8 89 927)
(intervals 56 649 151)
(buffers 992 16))