Subject: 28.1; EWW manual out-of-date saying ImageMagick is required for image scaling
From: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:45:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

in eww.info, node "Advanced" says:
   If Emacs supports image scaling (ImageMagick support
   required) then larger images are scaled down.

This is out of date since version 27 and the inclusion of native image scaling.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-04-04 built on ubuntu-K53SC
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --with-pop'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

--
Thanks,
Jordan Wilson
    Sent from Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 28.1 on GNU/LINUX