Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Highlight keywords in search results
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:22:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

In the quest for colorful output, one thing I’ve always missed
is keyword highlighting in the search results in ‘guix search’,
‘guix system search’, and ‘guix home search’.

The last patch does that; the first one highlights the ‘name’
and ‘version’ field of the recutils output.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  ui: Highlight important bits in recutils output.
  colors: Add 'colorize-full-matches'.
  ui: Highlight package and service search results.

 guix/colors.scm                | 22 ++++++++++++
 guix/scripts/home.scm          |  1 +
 guix/scripts/package.scm       |  3 +-
 guix/scripts/system/search.scm | 37 +++++++++++++-------
 guix/ui.scm                    | 64 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 5 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0996d48d0e79a360e0d5583b812cd565f62ca32e
-- 
2.35.1