Subject: failed to compute the derivation for (very old) Guix
From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:51:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm trying to update a (very) old guix installation in my root default
profile

when pulling I'm getting this error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ sudo -i guix pull --url=http://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
[sudo] password for g: 
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'http://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      http://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    ab98b51
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \Backtrace:
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20 19 (primitive-eval (define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module (guix packages) #:use-module (# #) # ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36 18 (expand-top-sequence ((define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module (guix packages) #:use-module ?)) ?)
  1182:24 17 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(ribcage () () ())) _ e (eval) (hygiene #{ g317}#))
   285:10 16 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) (hygiene #{ g317}#))
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34 15 (_ #<module (#{ g317}#) 399db40>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   2874:4 14 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ #:imports _ #:exports _ #:replacements _ # _ # _ # _ ?)
  2887:24 13 (_)
   222:29 12 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((# ?)) ?))
   222:29 11 (map1 (((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system #)) # ?))
   222:29 10 (map1 (((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix # gnu)) # ?))
   222:29  9 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi #)) # ?))
   222:29  8 (map1 (((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi #)) # ?))
   222:29  7 (map1 (((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26)) ((# #)) # ?))
   222:29  6 (map1 (((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 #)) ((# #)) ?))
   222:29  5 (map1 (((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((# ?)) ?))
   222:29  4 (map1 (((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages #)) ((?)) ?))
   222:29  3 (map1 (((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu # #)) # ?))
   222:17  2 (map1 (((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu packages bash)) ((# ?)) ?))
   2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _ #:version _)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for module" (ice-9 exceptions)) #f)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (ice-9 exceptions)
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/7n5xpd211950xyn39sxwqm6jmgishhnv-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "ab98b51ef1304e975da127e3092d01dcc7f02657"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.0.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please is there any workaround for this?

Thanks! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures