Subject: compute-guix-derivation failing
From: Michael Chirillo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:54:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm following these instructions (
https://gist.github.com/giuliano108/49ec5bd0a9339db98535bc793ceb5ab4) to
get guix up and running in WSL2 on Windows 11.

Everything worked until guix pull at which point I get the following error:

*/mnt/c/Tools/WSL/guix # guix pullaccepted connection from pid 736, user
rootUpdating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'.
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'.>..Building from this channel:
guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git>   e3e3381Computing Guix
derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -Backtrace:In ice-9/eval.scm:   721:20 19
(primitive-eval (define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module (guix
packages) #:use-module (# #) # ?))In ice-9/psyntax.scm:  1262:36 18
(expand-top-sequence ((define-module (gnu packages racket) #:use-module
(guix packages) #:use-module ?)) ?)  1209:24 17 (parse _ (("placeholder"
placeholder)) ((top) #(ribcage () () ())) _ e (eval) (hygiene #{ g317}#))
 285:10 16 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval)
(hygiene #{ g317}#))In ice-9/eval.scm:   293:34 15 (_ #<module (#{ g317}#)
7f39b712db40>)In ice-9/boot-9.scm:   2874:4 14 (define-module* _ #:filename
_ #:pure _ #:version _ #:imports _ #:exports _ #:replacements _ # _ # _ # _
?)  2887:24 13 (_)   222:29 12 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix download))
((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((# ?)) ?))   222:29 11
(map1 (((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix utils)) ((guix gexp))
((guix build-system #)) # ?))   222:29 10 (map1 (((guix git-download))
((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix # gnu)) #
?))   222:29  9 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix build-system
copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi #)) # ?))   222:29  8 (map1 (((guix
gexp)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1))
((srfi #)) # ?))   222:29  7 (map1 (((guix build-system copy)) ((guix
build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26)) ((# #)) # ?))   222:29
 6 (map1 (((guix build-system gnu)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-26))
((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 #)) ((# #)) ?))   222:29  5 (map1 (((srfi srfi-1))
((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((#
?)) ?))   222:29  4 (map1 (((srfi srfi-26)) ((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9
exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages #)) ((?)) ?))   222:29  3
(map1 (((ice-9 match)) ((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu packages)) ((gnu packages
autotools)) ((gnu # #)) # ?))   222:17  2 (map1 (((ice-9 exceptions)) ((gnu
packages)) ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu packages bash)) ((# ?)) ?))
 2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _
#:version _)In unknown file:           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S"
("no code for module" (ice-9 exceptions)) #f)*

*ERROR: In procedure scm-error:no code for module (ice-9 exceptions)guix
pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/a8v174c0kfh91wgbyr34ghb7lisdbcm7-compute-guix-derivation'failed
to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"e3e3381fdbc56f351063d9b4a49e99645b20d7d3"; system: "x86_64-linux";host
version: "1.1.0"; pull-version: 1).Please report the COMPLETE output above
by email to <[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>.*

I'm sending the bug report to you. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you!

-- 
*Michael Chirillo, MD, PhD*
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>*