Subject: 28.0.92; incorrect font on new frame after menu-set-font (Win32)
From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 18:48:59 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce:
1. emacs -Q
2. From the Menu, select Options | Set Default Font
3. Pick a distinct looking font (I'm using Robot Light at 17pts)
4. C-x 5 2 (open a new frame)

What I expected:
The new frame should use the font just selected as the default

What Happened:
The new frame selects another font.  Using M-- C-x = in the scratch
buffer suggests it's choosing:
  harfbuzz:-outline-Adobe
Devanagari-normal-normal-normal-serif-13-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

Here are some screenshots (as links).

The original frame after menu-sent font:
  https://bru.st/i/emacs_eVUJ7FAScU.png

And from the new frame where menu-set-font doesn't appear to DTRT:
  https://bru.st/i/emacs_vmq9PKp6q0.png

In GNU Emacs 28.0.92 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-03-23 built on AVALON
Repository revision: 8e7a3f21e00649bacc01be627edd45ff01b51a33
Repository branch: emacs-28
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19043
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.19043.1620)

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr pp wid-edit descr-text emacsbug message rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 108040 16222)
 (symbols 48 22422 1)
 (strings 32 85980 2308)
 (string-bytes 1 2074425)
 (vectors 16 19681)
 (vector-slots 8 778062 43900)
 (floats 8 42 209)
 (intervals 56 335 1)
 (buffers 992 13))