Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Turn diagnostic locations into hyperlinks
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:59:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

This patch series shuffles things around and turns diagnostic
locations into hyperlinks.  That is, on terminals that support
it (GNOME Terminal, Terminology, Kitty, etc.¹), every time you see,
say:

  gnu/packages/foo.scm:300:42: warning: something's wrong

… the location prefix is now clickable.

I did not reexport the bindings moved to (guix diagnostics).  To
authors of software that uses Guix (GWL in particular), lemme know
if that’s a problem!

Ludo’.

¹ For some reasons xfce4-terminal no longer supports it; I think
  it used to.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  ui: Move hyperlink facilities to (guix colors).
  ui: Move 'location->hyperlink' to (guix diagnostics).
  diagnostics: Turn diagnostic locations into hyperlinks.

 guix/colors.scm                | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 guix/diagnostics.scm           | 16 +++++++++++++-
 guix/scripts/home.scm          |  1 +
 guix/scripts/system.scm        |  1 +
 guix/scripts/system/search.scm |  4 +++-
 guix/ui.scm                    | 39 ----------------------------------
 6 files changed, 54 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

base-commit: fc94e93c4b60addfda3c1eddfb85907e9459a8af
-- 
2.34.0