Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when I try to move scroll bar by grabbing it with mouse
From: Eric Spero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:00:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe:

- emacs -Q
- Grab scroll bar with mouse
- Move scroll bar up or down. As soon as you move the bar far enough that it is about to move up or down a line, emacs will crash.

I don't have any debugging output to report, but I can provide some if
needed. I don't believe I've ever used gdb before.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-Recipe:

- emacs -Q
- Grab scroll bar with mouse
- Move scroll bar up or down. As soon as you move the bar far enough that it is about to move up or down a line, emacs will crash.

I don't have any debugging output to report, but I can provide some if
needed. I don't believe I've ever used gdb before.

Thanks.gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-03-29 built on localhost
Repository revision: fbf2ed9a648d9c0f64519900acf1574d0d74692b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --without-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp
 --without-gpm --without-native-compilation --without-json
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --without-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --with-mailutils --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=no --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-harfbuzz
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-xwidgets --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp
 --with-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=znver2
 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LIBXML2
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS TIFF WEBP XIM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e-headers

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20210826.1149/dash hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash/dash
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/f-20210624.1103/f hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/f/f
/home/es/.emacs.d/elpa/s-20210616.619/s hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/s/s

Features:
(shadow emacsbug view network-stream nsm epa-file erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-loaddefs cus-start cus-load pixel-scroll counsel xdg sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check qp prodigy f warnings
mu4e-alert time ht dash s alert log4e notifications gntp mu4e mu4e-org
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-view-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range wid-edit
mu4e-view-common mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg xml dom flow-fill org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
oc-basic bibtex iso8601 ol rx org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
mule-util hl-line mu4e-vars message sendmail yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader mu4e-meta time-date swiper ebuild-mode skeleton sh-script
smie executable bookmark pp term/xterm xterm server flyspell ispell
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb advice langtool projectile lisp-mnt grep
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ibuf-ext thingatpt
persp-mode xt-mouse ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs use-package-ensure
elec-pair company pcase sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow undo-tree diff queue edmacro kmacro
cl-extra help-mode use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode ivy delsel
ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color use-package-core finder-inf
site-gentoo tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 639945 86824)
 (symbols 48 38432 1)
 (strings 32 185377 11752)
 (string-bytes 1 4959460)
 (vectors 16 92986)
 (vector-slots 8 1528388 82713)
 (floats 8 522 513)
 (intervals 56 3935 977)
 (buffers 992 32))