Subject: Re: bug#54241: [PATCH 0/4] 'github' importer gracefully handles rate limiting
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 22:55:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I committed an updated version of these patches, taking some of your
suggestions into account:

  a8d3033da6 import: github: Reuse HTTP connection for the /tags URL fallback.
  8786c2e8d7 http-client: Correctly handle redirects when #:keep-alive? #t.
  55e8e283ae import: github: Gracefully handle rate limit exhaustion.
  ecad9b2213 http-client: Add response headers to '&http-get-error'.
  049aefddb2 tests: Add (guix http-client) tests.

The first patch adds tests for ‘http-fetch’, as you suggested, which
allowed me to find a thinko in the keep-alive patch.  The test doesn’t
test keep-alive support though, because the server in (guix tests http)
doesn’t support it currently (I tried to retrofit it based on (web
server http) but that’s not really possible because we’d need to either
access internals of the <http> record type, specifically it’s poll set,
or re-implement it entirely.)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ludo’.