Subject: ‘guix shell -D …--with-branch …’ leads to an invalid derivation
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 11:08:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The following command ends up creating an invalid derivation in the
glib-schemas hook:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix shell -D guile-next  --with-branch=guile-next=stable-2.2 python-matplotlib  
guix shell: error: derivation `/gnu/store/6hy95hpjbbzvppwxndzapi3f5s1xcgkm-glib-schemas.drv' has incorrect output `/gnu/store/vahx614bazd4zk5akkqp1y7aflbi1rla-glib-schemas', should be `/gnu/store/m0138ijax94m5lcdksw8jz5zdvlhdghh-glib-schemas'
$ guix describe
Generacio 205	Feb 27 2022 17:52:04	(nuna)
  guix 85a5110
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 85a5110de79f4fe9fd822ede3915654ee699d6c5
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The problem vanishes if we pass ‘--no-grafts’ or if we remove
‘--with-branch’.

Ludo’.