Subject: 29.0.50; Allow project-buffers to ignore some buffers
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:27:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

currently I am redifining `project-buffers' to ensure 'C-x p b'
(`project-switch-to-buffer') ignores some buffers I never want to switch to with 
that command:

(defvar mu-ignored-buffers
   '("\\` " "^\\*Async" "^\\*Completions" "^\\*Flymake" "^\\*Help"
     "^\\*Messages" "^\\*eldoc" "^\\*envrc" "\\*tramp" "^\\*vc" "^\\*xref")
   "A list of predicates for buffers to ignore.")

(cl-defmethod project-buffers ((project (head vc)))
   (let* ((root (expand-file-name (file-name-as-directory (project-root project))))
          (modules (unless (or (project--vc-merge-submodules-p root)
                               (project--submodule-p root))
                     (mapcar
                      (lambda (m) (format "%s%s/" root m))
                      (project--git-submodules))))
          dd
          bufs)
     (dolist (buf (buffer-list))
       (setq dd (expand-file-name (buffer-local-value 'default-directory buf)))
       (when (and (string-prefix-p root dd)
                  (not (cl-find-if (lambda (module) (string-prefix-p module dd))
                                   modules))
                  (not (seq-contains-p
                        mu-ignored-buffers (buffer-name buf) #'string-match-p)))
         (push buf bufs)))
     (nreverse bufs)))

I am not sure this is the best approach, though.

Would it be possible to add a defcustom to specify a predicate for the project 
buffers to be shown in `project-switch-to-buffer'?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo 
version 1.16.0)
  of 2022-02-22 built on hathaway
Repository revision: 8d02624c0ec029ee99e0b1e410429c440bcc4499
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
   electric-pair-mode: t
   flymake-mode: t
   windmove-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   global-subword-mode: t
   subword-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   envrc-global-mode: t
   envrc-mode: t
   mct-region-mode: t
   mct-minibuffer-mode: t
   pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
   minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
   minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   window-divider-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch
time-date noutline outline checkdoc lisp-mnt elec-pair flymake-proc
flymake thingatpt compile text-property-search comint vc-dir ewoc vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc vc-dispatcher cursor-sensor project server
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes pcase windmove delight comp comp-cstr
warnings cl-extra help-mode savehist so-long cap-words superword subword
winner envrc inheritenv ansi-color mct pixel-scroll ring minibuf-eldef
mb-depth ibuf-macs rx delsel info tex-site package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 241664 84480)
  (symbols 48 15348 1)
  (strings 32 46778 3597)
  (string-bytes 1 1497114)
  (vectors 16 28407)
  (vector-slots 8 833744 120150)
  (floats 8 139 444)
  (intervals 56 1087 217)
  (buffers 992 18))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu