Subject: 29.0.50; Image-dired is not reusing thumbnails created in emacs-27
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:41:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, 

the title says all, emacs-29 is creating new thumbnails instead of
reusing existing ones:

;; Emacs-27
(image-dired-get-thumbnail-image "~/Images/Astroman-2009-05-13/astroman-nath-100.jpg")
=>(image :type jpeg :file "/home/thierry/.emacs.d/image-dired/astroman-nath-100_3543f3094906282113616dab5f911376.thumb.jpg" :scale 1.0021052631578946)

;; Emacs-29
(image-dired-get-thumbnail-image "~/Images/Astroman-2009-05-13/astroman-nath-100.jpg")
=>(image :type jpeg :file "/home/thierry/.emacs.d/image-dired/astroman-nath-100_086271a8c0fa94a028dcc0407c24d954480afdfb.thumb.jpg" :scale 1.0021052631578946 :transform-smoothing t)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-13 built on IPad-S340
Repository revision: 626c1dce02d4f2e8d0822decf8b421eee00674b1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Linux Mint 20.2

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --with-mailutils --with-cairo
 --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ilisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.23/seq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug helm-command addressbook-bookmark
mu4e-config org-mu4e mu4e-contrib mu4e-patch mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-view
mu4e-main mu4e-headers mu4e-lists mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions
smtpmail sendmail mu4e-search mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message
flow-fill hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server
mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers ido mu4e-meta epa-file em-unix
em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-cmpl em-dirs esh-var em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode
esh-toggle char-fold image-file image-converter image-dired
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache zeroconf help-fns radix-tree
cl-print debug markdown-mode sh-script smie executable flymake-proc
flymake project org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-docview
doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi vc-filewise vc-rcs
conf-mode ledger-config ledger-mode ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test
ledger-sort ledger-report ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts
ledger-fontify ledger-state ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init
ledger-xact ledger-post ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
ledger-context ledger-commodities ledger-regex jka-compr bug-reference
naquadah-theme view solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs tv-utils
yaml-mode undo-tree diff rainbow-mode color psession frameset log-view
pcvs-util pcmpl-git cl-indent ffap thingatpt autocrypt-message message
yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
autocrypt-gnus gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
autocrypt-mu4e autocrypt ietf-drums config-w3m git-gutter bookmark
mule-util appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs gud pcomplete-extension
pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu iterator pcase wdired dired-extension org-config
ob-gnuplot org-crypt net-utils time all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons winner autotest-mode autoconf-mode woman
man ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util init-helm helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher helm-fd epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa
helm-imenu imenu helm-elisp-package helm-find helm-org org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-external helm-net xml isearch-light helm-descbinds
cus-edit pp wid-edit helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace
find-func helm-info python tramp-sh helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc
helm-files image-mode exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile text-property-search comint
ansi-color ring helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types
helm-extensions-autoloads helm-config helm-autoloads helm async-bytecomp
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
async popup diminish mb-depth server comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra
help-mode avoid cus-load use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
seq-25 gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
info w3m-load iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1200277 245333)
 (symbols 48 45481 5)
 (strings 32 258149 63600)
 (string-bytes 1 7493915)
 (vectors 16 88331)
 (vector-slots 8 2292913 224889)
 (floats 8 1601 626)
 (intervals 56 41303 662)
 (buffers 992 110))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry