Subject: guix can't find gfortran-toolchain or gdc-toolchain
From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 00:47:01 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Strange bug, guix can't find gfortran-toolchain even though it is a 
package defined publicly in one of the files it presumably searches.

`which guix` outputs the expected "$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin/guix", 
so it probably isn't a problem with my guix home.

`guix package -A gfortran` returns nothing.

`guix package -A gcc-toolchain` shows several different versions of 
gcc-toolchain in gnu/packages/commencement.scm

`guix edit gcc-toolchain` opens the source where guix presumably found 
the gcc-toolchain package definition. Within that file, 
gfortran-toolchain is defined publicly.

This is also the case for gdc-toolchain.

`guix describe`:

     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 8bfb1258d32b5ffeeefd9d44753b87f62bdbf822