Subject: Re: bug#52884: What is the expected behavior of xwidget webkit webinspector?
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 09:34:55 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] writes:

> Repeating the above but splitting the frame via C-x 3 before right
> clicking to pull up webinspector results in webinspector opening its
> own window (this may be related to the segfault on sway)?

It is probably not related to the segfault, and yes, it is intended
behaviour: WebKitGtk opens its own inspector window if it thinks the
WebKitWebView's window is not large enough to fit the inspector.

It should work fine unless you have multiple displays, where the
inspector window will probably open on the wrong display.  This is a
WebKitGtk bug, not a bug with Emacs (since we set the embedder window
correctly), so it should be reported to their developers instead.

Thanks, closing.  In the future, this kind of question should be sent to
help-gnu-emacs.

(BTW, please prefix your bug reports with some kind of sensible version
number, such as 29.0.50; the recent changes to xwidgets don't exist on
the release branch.)