Subject: Re: bug#52835: [PATCH 0/2] Fix spawning a child not setting standard fds properly
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:20:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Andrew & Josselin,

Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks for your work on this, posix_spawn is a nice improvement!
>
> My comments on the changes in the wip-posix-spawn branch follow.

As discussed on IRC, I took your comments into account.  I also added a
‘system*’ test based on what Josselin provided at the beginning of this
bug report (let’s not forget we were initially fixing an actual bug :-))
and updated ‘NEWS’:

  527c257d6 Make 'system*' and 'piped-process' internally use 'spawn'.
  551929e4f Add 'spawn'.
  edfca3b7e Update gnulib to 0.1.5414-8204d and add posix_spawn, posix_spawnp.

Let me know if you notice anything fishy!

Thanks a lot, Josselin, for your hard work and for your patience.

Ludo’.