Subject: bug#5276: 23.1; Doc string of bookmark-bmenu-execute-deletions
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:18:13 -0800
List-Id: "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <bug-gnu-emacs.gnu.org>

The doc string (raw form):
 
"Delete bookmarks marked with \
\\<Buffer-menu-mode-map>\\[Buffer-menu-delete] commands."
 
Presumably, the map and command should be `bookmark-bmenu-mode-map'
and `bookmark-bmenu-delete'.  Even if the result is the same for the
default bihndings, there is no reason to reference Buffer-menu stuff
here.
 
But an even better doc string is: "Delete bookmarks flagged `D'."
 
(In keeping with the terminology used elsewhere (e.g. Dired), a `D'
mark is called a "flag".)

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-07-29 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'