Subject: Re: bug#52073: remove Google support from GVFS?
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], raingloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:13:35 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 01:24:55PM +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Given that we have GNOME 40/41 on master right now with GVFS supporting
> Google as it did before, is this still relevant?

Since the bug report was a reaction to WebKitGTK being broken, and it's
no longer broken, I'm closing the ticket [0].

When packages break occasionally, we have to decide if we should remove
them from the distro or if we can should try maintain the status quo.

My experience with WebKitGTK is that the build is quite reliable. That's
why I pushed the broken update to begin with: it always worked in the
past. There's no need to rewrite the dependency graph just because I was
lazy and don't have a very fast computer.

[0] Anyone can reopen it by sending a message with "reopen 52073" to
<[email-masked]>.
https://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html