Subject: 29.0.50; void symbol emoji-describe
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 16:08:53 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Starting from `emacs -Q', move point to any emoji in
admin/unidata/emoji-zwj.sequences, and do `C-u C-x ='.  You will get the
following error:

  describe-char: Symbol’s function definition is void: emoji-describe

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 347, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-11-10 built on po-lus-librem-15
Repository revision: 465ec29926d2fd873a22e26f3a8b395a527ba2f5
Repository branch: x-window-xwidget
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101002
System Description: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail mail-utils cl-print debug backtrace vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs wid-edit descr-text thai-util
thai-word mule-util lao-util enriched disp-table facemenu vc cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs image-file image-converter dired-aux pulse color xref project
ring eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree time-date goto-addr finder finder-inf find-func lisp-mnt
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr package
misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher bug-reference
noutline outline easy-mmode view thingatpt xwidget url-handlers
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars mailcap bookmark seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv text-property-search pp
help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 232046 25058)
 (symbols 48 26485 2)
 (strings 32 109233 2739)
 (string-bytes 1 2906048)
 (vectors 16 37295)
 (vector-slots 8 1439381 168772)
 (floats 8 204 477)
 (intervals 56 2580 18)
 (buffers 992 31))