Subject: Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 04:29:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2021, 14:09 -0400 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
>> [...]
>> 
>> Note that I tried clang-11 first, because upstream WebKit surely uses
>> clang for compilation, and it works for building IceCat on Guix, so I
>> had it hunch that it was a good bet.  However, it would be good to
>> now try compiling webkitgtk-2.34.1 with a newer version of GCC.  It's
>> possible that might fix the build on i686-linux.
> I'm currently building webkitgtk on x86_64 locally with GCC 11.  If
> that succeeds, I'll push to master and have CI take it from there.

For the record, it's commit 63f78f6a6ea0d33f3b1fa68c7285cfb865677211 on
the 'master' branch, and it did indeed fix the build on i686-linux.

    Thanks again,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.