Subject: 28.0.50; PureGTK regression
From: Bob Hepple <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:38:05 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Please see https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/ped5rf/small_mystery_in_pgtkpopupfontpanel_in_pure_gtk/

for a full description - in summary, "Options->Set Default Font" no
longer pops up the font selection dialog.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-08-15 built on 58245b48ba5f40b4a2ffdcf587c3c776
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Fedora 34 (Thirty Four)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-gpm=no
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-json
 --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation --enable-link-time-optimization
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_AU.utf8
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210619.1100/transient hides
/usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/hierarchy-20190425.842/hierarchy hides
/usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy
/usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/menu-bar hides ~/.config/emacs/menu-bar

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail w32-vars ebnf2ps ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr dos-vars cus-theme eieio-custom xwidget
wid-browse bug-reference magit-extras magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm descr-text
misearch multi-isearch ffap battery time cua-base display-line-numbers
cus-start dabbrev helpful trace edebug backtrace info-look help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs hippie-exp smex face-remap recentf tree-widget
mule-util python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell ls-lisp hideshow sh-script
executable dired-aux rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok css-mode smie sgml-mode
facemenu imenu color org-indent ol-eww eww xdg mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus nnheader ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m conf-mode flx-ido flx vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc
vc-dispatcher project doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f s all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons dash modus-vivendi-theme
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes key-chord windmove hl-line ps-ccrypt
delsel server paren autorevert filenotify pcase elfeed-dashboard
org-element org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table org-keys org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ol org-compat org-macs format-spec elfeed-show
elfeed-search bookmark message rmc dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr
kinsoku puny svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db
elfeed-lib time-date avl-tree generator url-queue xml-query neotree
use-package-ensure gk-ibuffer ibuf-macs ibuffer-vc ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs ido-vertical-mode ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit
pp cus-load wid-edit minibuf-eldef ido which-key advice
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode desktop
frameset whitespace ripgrep thingatpt grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-color ring use-package-core finder-inf cl clang-rename
clang-include-fixer let-alist clang-format xml edmacro kmacro comp
comp-cstr warnings cl-extra help-mode rx info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2886449 217220)
 (symbols 48 59270 0)
 (strings 32 616804 18789)
 (string-bytes 1 19102918)
 (vectors 16 273311)
 (vector-slots 8 7144029 284049)
 (floats 8 29277 889)
 (intervals 56 18857 2220)
 (buffers 992 79))