Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update config.guess and config.sub for powerpc64le
From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:50:03 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

These two packages have very old configure scripts, and therefore don’t
know about newer architectures such as aarch64, mips64el and
powerpc64le. For the former two architectures, the packages have been
changed to explicitly set the host system to work around this problem.

A more complete solution – which works for all architectures and
should in principle also allow cross-compiling – is to simply update
the ‘config.guess’ and ‘config.sub’ scripts from their canonical
source: the ‘config’ package.

I was able to verify that with these changes, the package builds on
powerpc64le-linux but I wasn’t able to test aarch64-linux nor
mips64el-linux.

Thanks,
Thiago

Thiago Jung Bauermann (2):
  gnu: pth: Update ‘config.guess’ and ‘config.sub’
  gnu: aalib: Update ‘config.guess’ and ‘config.sub’

 gnu/packages/pth.scm   | 21 +++++++++++++++------
 gnu/packages/video.scm | 23 +++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)