Subject: Re: bug#49957: [PATCH] gnu: p11-kit: Fix certificate errors from flatpak apps
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:13:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Flatpak has a soft dependency on p11-kit, which was configured without
> knowledge of the system-wide CA certificate store.  This caused some
> flatpak apps to fail with ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID errors.
>
> * gnu/packages/tls.scm (p11-kit): Configure with
> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt as a trusted path.

I pushed a similar fix on ‘master’ based on John’s patch as
b4d29851e412c6f4fea5b2d98160258b9768dee3.

We might as well update the default p11-kit though?  (Somehow I was
assuming it had many dependents, but it only has 80+.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.