Subject: [PATCH core-updates-frozen] gnu: texlive-latex-base: Propagate ‘texlive-latex-l3backend’
From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 23:26:28 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Some packages need files from ‘texlive-latex-l3backend’ – which is a
supporting package of LaTeX3 – so propagate it from ‘texlive-latex-base’.

* gnu/packages/statistics.scm (r-with-tests)[native-inputs]: Remove
‘texlive-latex-l3backend’ from the texlive union.
* gnu/packages/tex.scm (texlive-latex-base)[propagated-inputs]: Add
‘texlive-latex-l3backend’.
(texlive-latex-xkeyval)[native-inputs]: Remove ‘texlive-latex-l3backend’.
---
 gnu/packages/statistics.scm | 1 -
 gnu/packages/tex.scm        | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/statistics.scm b/gnu/packages/statistics.scm
index dd8965312bfd..e02a5cbaf6ff 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/statistics.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/statistics.scm
@@ -346,7 +346,6 @@ as.POSIXct(if (\"\" != Sys.getenv(\"SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH\")) {\
                                         texlive-latex-fancyvrb
                                         texlive-latex-graphics
                                         texlive-latex-hyperref
-                                        texlive-latex-l3backend
                                         texlive-latex-oberdiek
                                         texlive-latex-tools
                                         texlive-latex-upquote
diff --git a/gnu/packages/tex.scm b/gnu/packages/tex.scm
index b23b5256d7aa..70166941d554 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/tex.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/tex.scm
@@ -2869,6 +2869,7 @@ formats.")
          ("texlive-ukrhyph" ,texlive-ukrhyph)
          ("texlive-ruhyphen" ,texlive-ruhyphen)
          ("texlive-latex-l3kernel" ,texlive-latex-l3kernel)
+         ("texlive-latex-l3backend" ,texlive-latex-l3backend)
          ;; TODO: This dependency isn't needed for LaTeX version 2021-06-01
          ;; and later. See:
          ;; https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2021-June/047180.html
@@ -8449,7 +8450,6 @@ are part of the LaTeX required tools distribution, comprising the packages:
                #t))))))
     (native-inputs
      `(("texlive-latex-base" ,texlive-latex-base)
-       ("texlive-latex-l3backend" ,texlive-latex-l3backend)
        ("texlive-cm" ,texlive-cm)
        ("texlive-lm" ,texlive-lm)
        ("texlive-url" ,texlive-url)