Subject: Re: bug#49487: t3200-type-change.sh using too much memory
From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>
To: Ross Burton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:47:29 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 11:57:32AM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> It appears that scsi_debug needs actual memory when creating the
> virtual disks.  If I run the tests inside a qemu VM with just 512MB of
> RAM, the t3200-type-change test fails when it tries to create a 550MB
> virtual disk.
> 
> Most of the other tests get by with virtual disks of just a few
> megabytes.  Would someone who understands the partition structure
> better than me be able to change the numbers so the test runs with a
> 10MB disk?

This has been mostly fixed. It ends up the lowest we can go is 267 on
the fat32 test because fat32 won't work on anything smaller than 256.
All the others have been reduced to 10, so hopefully this is enough to
squeak by on a small system.

Brian

-- 
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart