Subject: Re: VC mark-resolved

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:17:31 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   > > CVS is hardly alone.  In fact, it seems that no other back-end
>   > > implements the mark-resolved action: I tried grepping for
>   > > `mark-resolved' in the vc-*.el files and came up with nothing.
>   > 
>   > There should be a (defalias 'vc-cvs-mark-resolved 'ignore)
>   > Or maybe even (defalias 'vc-default-mark-resolved 'ignore).
>   > But in any case, it seems like the mark-resolved thingy was not
>   > fully implemented if none of the backends define it.
>
> Yep, a pointer to a relevant discussion: 
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/94816

I checked in a new function, vc-default-mark-resolved, into vc.el.  It
does nothing except issue a message saying the conflict is resolved.
Someone else can write the vc-*-mark-resolved functions at a later date;
for now, at least `C-x v v' doesn't get stuck at the error.