Subject: Re: bug#48760: 13.0.11; C-c C-e itemize <RET> fills columns, even when auto-fill-mode is disabled
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Berthold Lorke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:14:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Berthold Lorke <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Berthold,

> C-c C-e itemize <RET> fills columns, even when auto-fill-mode is
> disabled.  This doesn't happen for non-standard environments (i.e. any
> gibberish word, for example), the behaviour there is as expected.

You are right, `LaTeX-env-item', the function inserting an \item,
triggers paragraph filling since 2004.  For the time being, you could
add "itemize" (and possibly also "enumerate") to
`LaTeX-indent-environment-list'.

I've changed that now in git master.  We already had several paragraph
fillings on environment insertion guarded by `auto-fill-function' being
non-nil, so I've changed this occurrence, too.

I'll make a new ELPA release ASAP, probably on the weekend.

Bye,
Tassilo