Subject: 23.1.50; Lines truncated, word-wrap=t and truncate-partial-...=nil
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:37:32 +0100

With window margins non-nil it sometimes happen that lines are truncated
even though word-wrap is t, truncacte-lines and
truncate-partial-width-windows are both nil.

Setting word-wrap to nil makes the line wraps and when setting it back to t
the lines are truncated again.

I can't easily reproduce it, but I have seen it many times.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-10-15
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-SPC M-h <up> <down> <down> <down> C-g M-x v i p e
r - m o d e <return> <f10> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Loading viper...
Loading c:/Documents and Settings/Lennart Borgman/Application Data/.viper...done
Loading viper...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr message smtpmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug sendmail regexp-opt viper viper-ex
viper-macs viper-mous viper-cmd viper-keym ring viper-util viper-init
advice help-fns help-mode easymenu view advice-preload tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev button minibuffer
faces cus-face text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)