Subject: Emacs-28 on Mac: corrupted GUI when setting default-frame-alist
From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 12:37:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi 

Just tested compiling emacs con macOS Catalina.

My .emacs.d/init includes 

(setq default-frame-alist '((top . 32 ) (left . 32) (width . 128) (height . 37)))

The result is this:

With the mini-buffer line hidden. If I comment this line, the GUI is created correctly. The window rebuild correctly if I resize it with the mouse

Configured using:
 'configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CC=clang
 OBJC=clang 'CFLAGS=-g -O3'
 LIBXML2_CFLAGS=-I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
 LIBXML2_LIBS=-lxml2'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/paag/.emacs.d/lisp/rst hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more thingatpt
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect server
ob-python python tramp-sh ob-ditaa ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-table
org-keys org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs avl-tree
generator ol ob-exp ob-core org-compat advice ob-eval org-macs
silkworm-theme tab-line pcase indent-tools yafolding hydra lv
indent-tools-indentation-of synctex-mac texlog-mode derived texlog
yasnippet cl-extra help-mode tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec hl-line elec-pair
track-change paren cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
info edmacro kmacro package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 212017 12721)
 (symbols 48 21953 7)
 (strings 32 76003 4845)
 (string-bytes 1 2495205)
 (vectors 16 36484)
 (vector-slots 8 403682 11441)
 (floats 8 124 105)
 (intervals 56 387 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

—
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
[email-masked]
Universidad Carlos III Madrid

Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden…
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler