Subject: Re: bug#47807: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 18:41:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Gustavo,

> This is a simple one.  `tex.el' includes settings for the "Xreader" to
> be used in Linux systems as defined in
> `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'. After loading, the entry for
> "Xreader" in that variable will be: `("Xreader" TeX-reader-sync-view
> "xreader")'.  However, the function `TeX-reader-sync-view' is actually
> not defined, but rather `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is (with an "x").
> Therefore, using "Xreader" for `output-pdf' in
> `TeX-view-program-selection' will throw us error "Wrong type argument:
> listp, TeX-reader-sync-view".
>
> As far as I can tell, the problem does not lie in the definition of
> `TeX-view-program-list-builtin', because
> `TeX-view-program-select-evince' relies on `TeX-evince-dbus-p' which
> will query the DBUS path/scheme/method which is indeed "org.x.reader"
> (at least in my machine, I suppose that's default, but I really don't
> know).  Thus, it seems `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is incorrectly named,
> and should drop the "x".

I approve your analysis.  Fixed on git master.  Please give it a whirl.

> It's docstring also seems to not have been adjusted as required after
> it was "inherited" from `TeX-evince-sync-view'.

Indeed, also fixed.

Bye,
Tassilo