Subject: Epiphany fails to launch after webkitgtk-2.32.0 update
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 18:46:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

FYI, since updating to webkitgtk-2.32.0 (commit
3c5e1412e3ef769df8e4826d0aedabaa3aa0d631), epiphany fails to launch: no
window appears, although GNOME Shell shows an empty outline in overview
mode, as if there's a window but it has never been painted.

When running 'epiphany' from the command line, I see the followin
warning from 'bwrap', which indicates that it's looking in /usr/bin:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mhw@jojen ~$ epiphany

** (epiphany:1016): WARNING **: 18:36:48.495: Registering special URI scheme ftp is no longer allowed
bwrap: Can't find source path /usr/bin: No such file or directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I wonder if this only works when Guix is run on top of a more
traditional OS that has /usr/bin.

Is anyone successfully able to use Epiphany on a pure Guix system
(without /usr/bin) with Webkitgtk-2.32.0?  (The Webkitgtk version is
shown in the "About Web" window, which is accessible from the hamburger
menu.

      Mark